Sunday, January 11, 2009

Much More Fun Than I Thought and Award Thank Yous!

We went skiing today at a place called Hidden Valley. It was so much more fun than I thought it would be! I have never been skiing before, so this was a first for me. Here I am looking like a total dork. Why can't I just smile like a normal person?





Here is Rose soon after her TWO hour lesson. I thought she was quite a trooper to go through that long of a lesson. Plus it gave Scott and I a little more free time on the slopes or should I say Bunny Hill. ;)





Nino did NOT want it to end. So we will have to go back soon.





Here is a little pic to warm you up after all of that snow. A Banana Foster fire side.

Yes, we officially named him Banana Foster. Banana, because he is BANANAS! And Foster because he came from several foster homes before we took him on. Plus he is a food like Tamale. If you didn't know, Tamale came from Tom Cat in the alley of a Mexican Restaurant. TOM ALLEY = Tamale. That is where she was found. We thought she was a boy. :o



I also want to thank Cinzia of Pistacchio E Nocciola for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Her blog has some of the most beautiful Photography and is very interesting to follow.










I also received the Fab Blog award from Azul at Azul Valentina Her paintings are so wonderful. Always filled with so much meaning. She has a very unique style. You have to check her out.








Then last but not least, Jenny Carter gave this very sweet friendship award. I am sure anyone that stops by my blog already knows who Jenny Carter is. Hee hee. She is the girl that is single handily saving all the kitties in Denver, while she knits everyone she knows a hat and scarf! She is amazing! She will not let anyone go cold or hungry on her watch. Check both her blogs out. Jenny I thought of you while I was skiing today. :)



9 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

How fun. Skiing in MO? Did not think it was possible...lol

Th video is cute. I love Banana Foster in front of the fireplace...so adorable.

Still waiting for everyone to get along...will be some time I suppose.

Other than that we are doing great.

Pease Porridge said...

I guess I should have mentioned it was man made snow. :/
Jennifer

Cinzia said...

I like so much snow!!! All in the pictures is very beautiful!!!
Cinzia

MyBlueHeaven said...

Loved your video. So cute. Naughty Banana stealing Tamale's toy.

Leticia said...

Love to go skiing, actually the family skis and I knit and read with a cup of tea by my side. Love the story of how Tamale was named (always wondered about that) -Banana Foster, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, you've been tagged! Please visit my blog for details. Hope you have fun reading what I have written, lots of laughs, lol!
All the best! Julie-ann

Micki Wilde said...

Hi,I really enjoy your art and your blog so I have tagged you, please check out my blog for details.

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~Skiing~ I would brake~
Banana Foster is a great name~ & a yummy desert~ my brother-in-law used to make it at family gatherings~ he was once a Very Very Fancy waiter~ & it was a table side affair~ fire & all~
congrats on your well deserved awards~
~Amy~

Fantastic Figments said...

Look at you in all your glory. I think that is a wonderful smile it shows a lot about your personality!

I love skiing I wish I had more money to do more of it. Interesting about the man made snow. I have plenty here in NY that I would love to send your way!

I wish I was by that fire. I walked to work yesterday and it was 10 below ! HAHA I think I am nuts.

Hey Have a good one,
talk to you soon
Smooches
Steph