Friday, January 30, 2009

Mardi Gras Anyone?

I have not been around much this week, but that does not mean I have not seen all of the awesome artwork shown on the side of my page by all of the people I follow. I just have not had time to comment this week. Anthony has had so much school work. I home school because of allergies for anyone that does not know that. It is through an online school so we have to be accountable. No slacking or we are in trouble by the teacher. :0
I also have several get togethers here this weekend. Today, tonight, tomorrow night and of course Super Bowel Sunday! Lots of cleaning. Mostly internal cleaning to get to the external cleaning and toy rotation that has not been done since Christmas. All of you with kids know what that means. Ugh. That does not mean that I have not painted this week. That is usually what calms me. Exception, this one. Every so often I think I am going to be able to paint my kids. NO It does not work. I try and try. Moving features around back and forth , up and down. Couldn't do it. I wasn't about to waste all of my hard work! Voila!! A mask was the only solution. Ha ha. Mardi Gras Anyone? Ha ha. Have a great weekend. Be safe Sunday to all of you Football fans. Jennifer
PS Here is Foster so scared of Rose in her mask. I think he thinks she is a big cat. Ha ha

16 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

It came out great! I love the photo of your kid.

Cris said...

Oh, I love it! That is really good! I think it looks a lot like Rose, take the mask off, let me see! ha ha Are you keeping it or selling it?

MyBlueHeaven said...

Now is that painting the girl from Napoleon Dynamite? Ha. It's so cute. I can't imagine Foster being afraid of anything.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Love the picture!! Your brave - I don't even try to do my kids!! I run a preschool in my home - so I sooo understand the toy thing. It's on the schedule for today - lol! We homeschooled for a long time!! Adored it - but it did take all of my extra time!! You do beautiful work!!!

Pease Porridge said...

I am keeping it Cris. :) Someone might try to take that mask off. Ha ha. Like the Phantom of the Opera.
Jennifer

Jenny Carter said...

The painting is nice. At least you attempted a portrait. For being an outsider artist, you did very well. I think the mask is cool. I love your paintings, they are not realism, they are fantasy and that is what makes them special. :)

Have fun with all your get togethers'.

I thought I saw a big puffy tale...We call em puff-n-stuff or puffins!

Micki Wilde said...

ooh I love this painting, the mask is fantastic!!
I love how sometimes the idea you start off with turns out different to what you expected!
And to me this painting is fabulous!!

Leticia said...

Jennifer, it's a great painting, very cute! You've got to keep it for Rose.

Micki Wilde said...

Ooh definately no need to thank me, I love it!!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Jennifer! Love the painting! Your daughter looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi jennifer, I home schooled two of my children. Your doing a great job. We had to be accountable also, council would check the work every six months.
They are both doing well. I wanted to protect them from bullying at school.
You must be really tired, keep up with the good work, your stars!

Flora said...

This is gorgeous!!!I love the dream like quality.
Blessings,Flora

Denise said...

I also homeschooled my twins for the first few years. What a small world, to find so many homechoolers! I know how tough it can get. They are going to our local public school now though. We live in a small town in the country and the schools are very good here (so far). I admire you for your determination!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Jennifer! You've just been tagged!

It's fun and simple as can be! Come to visit and you will see! Ooh that rhymes!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent piece.

Ever Yours,
Clayrn Darrow
M.IV

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, love your latest art. You painting is beautiful.