Monday, September 21, 2009

My Husband surprised me with a weekend in Chicago for my Birthday. He was kind enough to tell me a couple weeks before. If he would have told me the night before, I think I might not have gone.



It was a super fun weekend with beautiful weather and lots to do. We are lucky to live only about 5 and 1/2 hours aways, so it was an easy drive.


These pics are with my husband's iPhone. Not too bad. It was so windy on The Pier. Here I am just trying to keep my eyes from blowing away. I must say though that the iPhone was sooooo nice to have on this trip. We were able to google everything as we went and with the GPS we had an instant map to tell us if we were walking in the right direction.

We even packed our bikes and rode them up and down the Lake Shore. I am a little sore today, but so much fun and such a beautiful view of the city and water.

Thanks to our family for watching the kids. We were able to do all of things that we would not have been able to do with them, but of course I am already planning a kid friendly trip to Chicago. So many places that I can't wait to take them.

I have lots of new inspiration too. I hope I can get all more chores done soon so I can dig in.

Hope you all had a good weekend !

Jennifer







6 comments:

Kolleen said...

what a great surprise!! i love all your pics and you know...they don't call it the Windy City for nothing! I grew up about an hour and a half south of the City - lived there until i was 24. It is a magical city - full of culture, great food and amazing people! thank you for sharing!

Victoria Stitch said...

i love the pictures of the fairground rides, so excting!

Heather said...

Ooooh you lucky duck! what a fun trip, and kid free too!!! Hurray!~
;)

Cris said...

LUCKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That looks fun!

GlorV1 said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday and how sweet of your husband to surprise you like that. Happy late Birthday. It looks great out that way. Thanks for sharing.

Nicola said...

What a wonderful set of pictures, glad you enjoyed yourself on your almost a surprise (in a great way) trip!
Nicola x