Sunday, June 12, 2011

I hope you all are enjoying your summer! We have had a busy one so far. We finished building a pool in the back yard so needless to say I have spent most of my days out there with the kids.
In my spare time I have been playing around with oils. I do love the way they move and blend, but I am soooooooo impatient with the dry time. I still want to play with them a little longer and try some other techniques with them. Here are a few that I finished in oil. I plan to list them all on Etsy.
The only one that is not dry yet is the Pool Party. I guess I will list that one next week.

6 comments:

MyBlueHeaven said...

Well those party people look happy but the tornado looks downright scary.

Janine said...

Well that ladys do not look as if they enjoy their party very much.
Bonjour tristess, maybe they are afraid of that upcoming twister. This is a great painting. It´s a beautiful painting

Isabel said...

love these!!! They are awesome:O) Enjoy the pool:O)

Cameron said...

The oils seem to give you a softer finish...the pool party looks like fun!

claire barone art said...

pool!!!! HOW LUCKY ARE YOU the tornado paintings are lovely but scary especially the one with the house flying in the air !! those poor people as for oils i hate them hate the smell and the drying time and so hard to get off clothes if you have a mishap!! love the party people ... have a pool party xx

Jo said...

Love the party hat painting - has an almost medieval feel to it.