Tuesday, October 19, 2010







I was finally able to paint yesterday! I have been building a deck with my dad for the last two weeks, which I must admit was kind of fun and .......a whole lot of work.




So I was so exited to finally have a day to paint. I did not even know what I was going to do, but I knew I was in the mood to paint an angel so here she is.




I have her listed on Etsy for now. I really do like how she turned out.








I used this painting book as a reference for body position. I love this book. It is one of my favorites to page through. My sister picked it up at the Library for me. What a find right! You know how they sell off the old books. This one might have been a whole dollar.
I always bring a few dollars when I go so I can come home with some old moldy smelling relics. The older the more interesting they usually are. I love all old books.







6 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

Yup I love old books too and that one looks fab!!

I love the angel painting you did, she has a lot of character about her!!

Micki x

claire barone art said...

she is stunning she has a very cheeky face like shes up to something, nice colours xx

Michele Lynch Art said...

Love the angel!!! Oh and I'm with you on old books! xo Michele

Priti Lisa said...

J-cat!
I have that book...what a freakin' gorgeous painting!!! I love, love love it!
XoX

Laura Beth said...

Your angel turned out beautiful. Gorgeous colors and love her expression.

I was looking at your angel and I thought it looked so familiar...and then I scrolled down and saw the painting of inspiration. I did a replica of that painting in charcoal in my drawing class. I like the story that is behind their expressions.

<3 Laura Beth

Julie said...

This painting is stunning! : ) Hope you guys are having a wonderful Fall! xx